Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Surprise Potluck

This Sunday was my turn to host for my book club. Usually we decide ahead of time what people will make (last time we had an Italian feast, since we read a book about Italian cooking), but this time I told people just to bring whatever they wanted and not say ahead of time. I was a little worried we would get all desserts since they are such an easy go-to, but we had an amazing variety - including the person who brought over homemade waffle batter and her waffle iron! Fruit salsa and cinnamon chips, bruschetta, muffins, japanese rice cakes, a fruit parfait....my last minute purchase of trader joe's cookies did not even need to make an appearance!



forgive the non-artsy photos....nighttime+florescent kitchen lighting+hosting duties meant I wasn't playing around with manual settings!

No comments:

Post a Comment