Saturday, May 16, 2009

you say it's your birthday

Today my baby brother turned 16. Which makes me feel many things: old, proud, nostalgic, but most of all blessed. Blessed to have watched him turn from a tiny, screaming, diapery little thing, to an adorable baby, to a precocious toddler, to a rather bratty little kid, to a cool regular kid, to a goofy and lovable adolescent, to the funny, talented, charming, gregarious, dedicated young man he is today. 16 years ago my life changed for all the better.
His girlfriend and I organized a surprise dinner. After not always having a place to fit in growing up, he's found the the most wonderful group of high school friends. I love being a part of it all.
I'll admit, I sort of live vicariously through them - the laughs, conversations, clothes, general joie de vivre.
And I want his friend Carrie's sandals, now.


**********************************

Little shoot with Val at the park yesterday - click.

No comments:

Post a Comment