Tuesday, January 6, 2009

so I joined a gym today

I used to laugh at people who joined gyms. "They can't exercise outside?" I asked. "They pay to workout when they could do it for free?" How unoriginal. It's so much better just to exercise on my own time.

Except....I never did. After putting it off all fall, I've finally resolved that if I pay for something, I will be much more likely to do it, so as to get my money's worth.

And....I sort of loved it. It is a huge, beautiful, new gym open 24 hours a day. There are 10 bajillion machines, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, 2 saunas, classes for free, and really nice lockers. And everyone was just there doing their thing. It was actually a really nice way to unwind/blow off steam after a long day of teaching.

I was really tempted to stop at Whole Foods for some hoity-toity organic deliciousness, but I didn't. Starbucks was another temptation. Suburban soccer mom-hood, I'm inching closer.

On an unrelated note, the time on these posts is all off. It's 2 hours later than it really says.

No comments:

Post a Comment