Tuesday, January 27, 2009

happy snow day

It's a bit amusing being in St. Louis. From the way the newscasters were talking last night, the storm of the century was on the way. It was pretty amazing have a snow day called the night before, though. I could stay up late and sleep in without being woken with the phone call.
This was last night around 8. It's a twister, Dorothy!


And the aftermath - pretty anticlimatic. But I'll take it!


I've been organizing old family slides from the 70s and 80s that my mom gave me over Christmas. There are several hundred. I can't wait to get them onto a disk.


This past weekend I took a couple of them to the camera store to see how they would turn out. The quality's not fantastic, but I suppose that's to be expected with 30 year old slides. I love the nostalgic feeling of them. I want my hair to be as long as my mom's was in college. And I want to be 6 years old on the beach again.

No comments:

Post a Comment