Sunday, November 6, 2011

De-Twa



I took this picture the day after my best friend's wedding on Belle Isle over two years ago. I posted it on my flickr (this was when I was really into flickr, and making contacts) and somehow it was found by someone doing a Schmap City Guide for Detroit. They requested permission to use it, which I happily gave, and then forgot about. They recently revamped the webpage and emailed to let me know that the picture (albeit tiny) is still published on the page. At the time I didn't think much of the photo when I took it, but I went back to it today and realized how much I love it. The haziness/less clear focus would have bothered me then as I was trying to become more competent in photography, but now I love the authentic quality it lends to the photo. Because there is nothing like a hazy Detroit summer day on the island...an oasis in the river with the hubbub of the city a ways away.

1 comment: