Sunday, December 12, 2010

fa la la la la

At long last, it is break. This is when every teacher can breathe a little easier, especially me, since I am fortunate enough to have a 3 week break, as opposed to the criminal 10 days or so that many teachers now get. Yesterday I cruised up from Saint Louis in some rain but pulled in about an hour before the snow started. There was a few inches on the ground already, but we've gotten at least 8 inches since last night, so I woke up to this:


My poor brother and his wife are trying to make it up today; I think they'll likely stop in Chicago overnight. And now is the fun part: relaxing, catching up on professional and personal reading, way too much junk food, and short trips to Chicago and Detroit to see friends. And I simply must finish my A to Z series....of course I leave x,y,and z for the last 3 weeks of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment